Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finding my balance

A sculpture of a Hindu yogi in the Birla Mandi...Image via Wikipedia

I'm starting to realize that I need to plan how I want my life to be, in order to achieve those things. If I continually roll along behind the eight ball, then that's where I'll always be. I don't want to over-plan things, or become so rigid in my goals that I can't adapt to circumstance, but at the same time, it's time for me to figure out where I'm going in my career and take specific steps to get there. Same thing for my personal life. What do I want? Run a marathon? Establish a daily yoga practice? Become involved in charity? None of these things will happen if I just try to remember to do them once in awhile, I have to make a conscious choice, a conscious plan to do so. So; I'm not sure what that plan is yet, but I'm beginning to get some ideas in place. I know where I want to look for jobs, I know that I have a two year time frame in which to get one. I have to maximize that time in order to land one in which I can use the best technology to treat my patients, and provide them the best care that I know how. I have thoughts on this, and I'm starting to lay out a manner in which to act on them.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: